Tuesday, April 4, 2023

Yellow and Purple for Easter week in my garden

Yellow and purple in my garden this Easter week. 



The yellow shrub is Leucospermum from South Africa, AKA Pincushion. I also planted an orange colored variety 'Sunrise'. I planted the Leucospermum and the purple Pride of Madeira in June 2019 and I love how they have grown a lot. The Pride of Madeira, Echium fastuosum, is now 6 feet tall and wide and the bees love it. The photo below of High Gold Leucospermum shows how they get their nickname of Pincushion.

These plants are in my front yard where all passersby can enjoy. In my previous post you can see the devastation caused by my next door neighbor's tree falling, which stood near these beauties. Happily my garden was not harmed, the main problem was the tree knocked out power to three homes. So I am happy to be able to share these photos of beauty with you.


17 comments:

Betsy said...

Gorgeous colors. Thank you for sharing them. I am so thankful for this week in our Faith. Without the events of this week we would live as those who have no hope. But we know. WE KNOW!!! We realize exactly what Jesus did for us on the cross.
Easter Blessings to you and yours my friend.
Blessings,
Betsy

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Beautiful and so different from what we see here. The purple and yellow is really striking together. Have a good rest of the week.

Ann said...

How pretty. Your garden is putting on quite a show.

meandmysmallcorner said...


Those plants are lovely. They are just the colours of my front garden too. Many blessings to you for Easter x

Kathy G said...

I love yellow and purple together.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So beautiful and unique looking!

Chatty Crone said...

That is gorgeous and they seem so fitting for this time of year! ♥

Michelle said...

These are so beautiful and I especially love the purple.

Marie Smith said...

Pretty and lucky to have survived the crash.

dori said...

The Lord holds His sheltering hands over you and your home!!
What beatuiful combination of colours blue and yellow for this holy times. Wonderful flowrs! Greeetings and blessings to you from Dori from the Bavarian Forest

Granny Marigold said...

Yellow and Purple look so lovely together.
Happy Easter to you and your loved ones.
Granny M

Pamela M. Steiner said...

So beautiful, and just in time for Easter! So thankful your home or garden were not hurt by the falling tree! yes, God was protecting you and guiding the tree away from harming you. These are blessings that some may ignore or not take notice of, but when God goes out of His way to redirect a falling tree to keep it from doing harm, it is something for which to give Him praise and thanksgiving! Have a blessed and joyous Easter!

Jeanie said...

You are far ahead of me! I love this color combo and all the prettier in the garden!

Vagabonde said...

Both of these flowers are lovely with bright colors. I have never seen the yellow one; it looks so dainty, like lace.

Debby said...

Your flowers are breathtaking! So pretty.

I love the combination of yellows and blues (purples and lavenders)

My Tata's Cottage said...

Oh my this is so lovely! I love seeing yellow and purple together. Happy Easter to you and yours. May God's blessings richly come to you this season and every season. You are an incredibly kind soul and I am so very grateful to know you.

Fairy Qu33n said...

You have so beautiful garden and wonderful flowers 😍😍😍