Tuesday, December 5, 2023

Light Collar for Pup, We Got Our Christmas Tree and a Funny Snoopy

 I received my first Christmas card (see photo below) of the season in the mail today, and share here a cute Snoopy funny that my dad sent to me maybe 20 years ago. I have kept it all this time. The Snoopy comic says "In our family the older we get, the cuter we get." This is so true for my family and for all of you my dear blog friends.




I got these cool collars that loop easily over Bounce's head so he is visible when we are walking at dusk or later. The collars are inexpensive and very visible as we walk and cross streets. I have used little quarter size battery operated lights attached to his harness but these glow lights are more visible from every angle and you charge them like you do so many devices now, like Kindles and lights. I put them on my pup when he goes out in the back yard after dark too, so I can see where he is.

My friend's friend died last month while walking her dog at 8 p.m. a few miles away. It is so sad, a hit and run. They think they caught the driver, she is 58 and in jail. The lady was a grandma, mom and active. So the lights will be a help at night. Stay safe friends.

P.S. My sons took Mr. B out to a Christmas tree farm on Dec. 3, hiked up and down and got a lot of exercise, had to carry Mr. B parts of the way as he is 12 years old, and found a gorgeous tree to cut down and bring home. After church they set up the tree and put on the lights and the angel topper. This is as early as we have had a Christmas tree up. Christmas is coming so fast, each year it seems to arrive faster for this senior lady.

25 comments:

Mari said...

Cute comic!
So sad about the hit and run. I like the collar for Mr Bounce. Good idea!

Debby said...

Cute dog collar.

Miss Merry said...

The collar is such a good idea!

Amelia said...

Love that collar, perfect. Do you mind if i ask where you purchased from? Thanks!

I'm so very sorry about the hit and run, just horrible. That poor family. Will be praying for the family and pet too.

Your little doggy is adorable, I'm thinking my daughter's little dachshund would like the light up collar when she walks him even in the country, coyotes are out there.

Amelia said...

Love that comment too... Yes indeed.

Amelia said...

I am so sorry, that should say: comic, not comment.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Prayers for your friend and the friend's family. Sad news
The lighted collar is a good idea. Stay Safe

Terra said...

Amelia, you asked where I got the light up dog collar; I got it on Amazon, the brand is Novkin, LED light up dog collar. I got a 2 pack, very inexpensive safety device.

Betsy said...

That collar is a great idea for night time walks. I'm so sorry for your friend and her friends family. Also for the lady that hit her. So many lives touched and impacted by a single moment in time.
I'm guessings Bounce had a great time with his boys. We have our tree up already too. It seems Christmas is coming fast this year. We usually don't put it up until after Alex's birthday on the 7th, but this year everything is already decorated. I'm enjoying the lights on these dark nights.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Margaret D said...

How cute, love the collars.

Granny Marigold said...

I've seen dogs wearing collars with lights when we go walking at 7 AM. The people sort of loom up in the dark and I think they should maybe wear something lit up too. (We carry a small flashlight).
So sad about the poor woman that was killed and also the poor soul that hit her.

Granny Marigold said...

Sorry but I forgot to identify myself on my comment. Granny Marigold

Lynn and Precious said...

Christmas is now coming fast. It seems with Thanksgiving as early as it could be and an extra week in the month, all is off kilter. Our neighbor walks her dog with lit braclets on herself and a flash light. You just can not be careful enough. How sad to know a person is now gone due to hit and run driver. Her family must feel the hole in life especially with holidays and her not there.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

That lighted color is a very good idea, Terra, for all the reasons that you mentioned. Sorry to read about the woman who died. Thanks for the visit and comment on my blog. It is always nice to “meet” a new blogger and come back anytime. I plan to read some of your previous posts as well.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Forgot to add that a real tree is wonderful and we do miss having one, but living in an apt now they are not allowed for safety reasons (sigh). It’s never too early to enjoy one in your home and the lights at night are my favorite sight.

Ann said...

That's a pretty cool collar. So sad to hear about the hit and run.

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

What a cute collar and really a necessity when walking out at night. So sorry to read about this hit and run, such a sad event.

Enjoy your tree, I've not even started decorating just yet. I've been sick since the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. I am feeling better, it's just been slow going.

May your Christmas be lovely, filled with joy, love and peace ~ FlowerLady

Share my Garden said...

What a dreadful thing to happen, I'm glad that you are keeping visible when out in the dark.
We are all Snoopy fans in this family!

MELODY JACOB said...

Prayers for your friend

MELODY JACOB said...

This is a good idea

MELODY JACOB said...

Wishing you the best of the holiday

Lowcarb team member said...

I was sorry to read about the hit and run, so sad.
It's so important to keep visible when you go our in the dark.

You can't beat snoopy :)

All the best Jan

Gattina said...

The collar is very nice and so practical, I haven't decorated yet, I still don't know where we will celebrate Christmas. Some drivers are really crazy, she must have driven too quickly. Veryh sad and just now !

Chris said...

Thats a posh collar, I hope he likes it. Sad about your friends friend, so sad for the family.

Gari said...

Absolutely love the new light collar for your pup! It added an extra festive touch to your Christmas adventure, and our furry friend looked adorable with a hint of Snoopy humor. Perfect holiday vibes all around!