Monday, December 11, 2023

Book I wrote "Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts"

 

Some of you recall my excitement when "A Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts: Stories to Warm Your Heart and Tips to Simplify Your Holiday" was published. I had 5 co-authors, all Christian women writers who are friends. Two of us live in Texas, three in Ohio and me Terra Hangen here in California.

It is a hardcover book with full color on each page, with recipes, upbeat true stories from our lives, and all the Scriptures about the Christmas season. It contains my story about Christmas camping in the Everglades and Karen's about her first Christmas with adopted children and many other stories. It was published by the traditional publisher New Leaf/Abilene Christian University Press. See Amazon link below:

Scrapbook of Christmas Firsts

Christmas is almost here and friends and other readers tell me they get this book out each year to share with their families. Some of you blog friends have copies I know. I just decided to share this, I am just so pleased this book is published and full of happiness to share in this season of love. It is a hard world, I know, and we are called to be light and to shine. I hope each one of you finds some joy today and in this season.

Cathy of Acorn Hollow asked where she can purchase the book: Amazon.com and also most bookstores will order it for you. Thanks for asking.

14 comments:

Betsy said...

It's a beautiful book and makes a great addition to any cookbook collection.
Blessings,
Betsy

DawnTreader said...

That must be satisfying, to have a book published that is also reused/reread every year by some. My own Christmas is a quiet affair these days and needs very little planning :)

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I feel so blessed to have your book here in my home too. It's a treasure! Hugs, Diane

Kathy G said...

How wonderful!

Margaret D said...

That is very nice...well done.

Liz Hinds said...

How lovely and what a great idea.

Ramblingon said...

I love that you five have done that! And I so appreciate seeing you on my page. XX Merry Christmas.

Lowcarb team member said...

It sounds a beautiful book.

All the best Jan

Sam said...

I really love the book's cover. It's one of those evergreen books that will be reopened every Christmas season for years and years to come...and probably destined to be handed down to the next generation. Congrats.

acorn hollow said...

What a lovely thing where can you purchase this book?
Cathy

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

What a beautiful book to treasure.

Debbie Nolan said...

Dear Terra - the book looks like my kind of reading. Will have to go out to Amazon and order a copy for next year's holiday season...bet it would make a wonderful gift for someone special in my family too. Have a merry Christmas and may God bless you with a joy filled new year in 2024. Hugs!

diamondc said...

Merry Christmas Terra: This looks like an amazing book.

Have a great week
Catherine

Tabor said...

Congratulations. I will have to look that up.