Saturday, December 24, 2022

Christmas 2022, Mr. Bounce wearing his Santa hat and Treats for delivery drivers

 

Bounce in a pensive mood this week, wearing his Santa hat.
Below is our nativity set we have had for 40 years. This is the way I arranged it in 2021.

Above is water and snack chips I put out at my front door for the delivery drivers who work so hard. I am impressed that last year they did not take the sweet treats or soda, just the water, unsweetened teas and chips I put out. So this year I skipped the sweet treats. They are a healthy bunch of drivers.
Above is the new arrangement of my nativity scene in 2022, each year is a bit different.

Christmas is a happy and holy day to celebrate God sending us his son in the form of a new born baby. All those who believe in him have his gift of eternal life. We don't deserve it, none are perfect. What a life saving gift. He is the light of the world. My sons and I will attend the Christmas Eve service at church Dec. 24 at 4 p.m., a lovely time to worship. Merry Christmas and happy holidays to all.

19 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

that is so nice of you to leave out treats for the delivery drivers.

Merry Christmas.

Granny Marigold said...

Christmas Blessings to you and your family!!

Jennifer said...

Merry Christmas dear friend!

Tom said...

Very clever, and thoughtful, way to tip your delivery people. Happy holidays to you and yours!

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Merry Chtistmas!

That is wonderful to have treats for the drivers.

happyone said...

Considerate of you to leave the treats.
Merry Christmas!!!

Marie Smith said...

Wishing you blessings this Christmas!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

What a thoughtful treat basket for the delivery drivers! Great idea. Merry Christmas!

DawnTreader said...

I like your nativity set, and nice tradition to leave gifts for the delivery guys.

Ann said...

Love your nativity set.. I have the one that was my dads and I have memories of arranging those pieces and making sure that it was set just right.

Merry Christmas to you

Betsy said...

It is very generous of you to leave the treats out for the delivery drivers.
I hope your Christmas day is a wonderful time for you. We had a lovely service at church this morning with the children doing the nativity and lots of carols sung.
It was a perfect way to celebrate the birth of the Christ-child who came for each of us.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Liz Hinds said...

What a great idea to leave out a treat box!

dori said...

Bounce is so very sweet with this hat! :))))

What a fine nativity scene now and last year! Simple and strong - - - - I have a similar nativity. I put the angel this yar also on the roof! :)

It is a wonderful action to put some treats for the drivers! Funny, that they did not take the sweet ones :)

I love your words about the birth of our Salvator Jesus Christ - -

Many greetings from the Bavarian Forest and have a blessed Christmas-time!

Dori

magiceye said...

Happy holidays!

Bill said...

Mr. Bounce looks a bit tired but still cute with his santa hat on. That is a very nice idea to leave a box of goodies for all the delivery drivers. I'm sure they appreciated it. Have a happy, healthy and peaceful 2023. Thanks for your visit.

Pom Pom said...

How nice! Sounds like you celebrated with a grateful heart. xo

Wanda said...

Mr. Bounce is adorable. Love his hat and expression! I also love your Navity and how you make changes each year. I have had my Willow Tree Nativity for many years too, and this year made it simple with only Joseph, Mary, the babe, and a shepherd and few animals. Next year maybe I will bring out the wise men.
Enjoy your blog. The post on my blog right now is about "dogs" Our grand-dogs..HaHa

Inger said...

Mr. Bounce (I love his name) looks very handsome in his Santa hat.

Chatty Crone said...

What kind of breed is Bounce - we had a dog that looked just like him and we lost him last year.