Monday, February 5, 2024

Amit Sood and His Ideas to Increase Our Resilience

 Dr. Amit Sood has some great and easy to start ideas to increase our resilience, our ability to get through trouble, loneliness and sadness. He wrote "Just as trees grow their branches toward the sun, spend more time with people who are your source of light." 

One idea of Dr. Sood's I like is "Greet at least one person each day as if you haven't seen them for a month, with enthusiasm and energy."

Here is a picture that might make you smile, it makes me smile. This is a painting of my pup, Bounce. Yes, he has a Hawaiian shirt like in the portrait, and he is holding a ukelele in the painting, the artist's creative idea.


 

Dr Sood also says try to notice one new thing each day. I find that takes a bit of work, it is not as easy for me as I might have thought. Another of his ideas to build resilience in us is to send a silent good wish to someone you're connecting with. He does this all day, which makes him feel uplifted. Dr, Sood is a former medical professor at Mayo Clinic and is now CEO of the Resilient Option.


Me in 1966 riding a donkey to a picnic spot on Buyuk Ada, an island near Istanbul. My Turkish friends planned the picnic which included a carriage ride and they cooked shish kebabs and other goodies outdoors. Fun. New Things. Let's Do It.



20 comments:

Debby said...

I choose to smile at everyone I see. It’s interesting how many these days are downcast and don’t smile. When I smile, they are taken aback and most will return a smile back. I don’t smile to them in order to get a smile back - I smile to give them hope. Especially for those who don’t smile back; maybe one day they will. Nice post Terra.

Wanda said...

What a wonderful post and great advice for living. Nothings is sweeter than a smiling and enthusiastic greeeting!!

Love the painting of your Bounce! Precious.

The Lion and the Lamb in the clouds is beautiful.

And who could help from smiling with your ride on the donkey to a picnic. Priceless!!

Have a WONDERFUL DAY!!!

Mari said...

I really like his ideas! I can see that they would be good for your emotional well being and also for those around you.

Christine said...

Nice pic

Sam said...

Great advice. It's not as easy as it might sound, but I suspect it would get easier over time and would pay off hugely in the long run. (Love the photo from Turkey).

diamondc said...

Hello Terra: I will have to look up Dr. Sood.
Love that photo of the dog so adorable.
Cute photo of you.

Catherine

Betsy said...

Those are some great ideas and I'm going to try to remember to implement some of them. That photo of you on the donkey is a treasure. What great memories you must have.
Blessings,
Betsy

Ann said...

Excellent idea and advice.

Shug said...

Such an uplifting post with great advise that we all need to practice daily. I've not heard of Dr. Sood but I will check him out...He sounds like he has a lot of Wisdom. Cute picture of your little dog...and a cute picture of you on the donkey...

Granny Marigold said...

Dr. Sood had some good ideas. As an introvert it isn't easy to implement them but I do try.
Great picture of you on a donkey back a few years 💗

Miss Merry said...

What a great photo of you on the donkey!

acorn hollow said...

Wonderful ideas I do try to reach out to a few friends though the week.
I would love to try or notice something new each day.
Very sweet picture of you headed to a picnic
Cathy

Liz Hinds said...

Let's do it indeed. find the glimmer in the day.

Yael said...

I loved the dog with the ukulele. Dr. Sood's recommendations are exactly what I need these days. I will look for him.

magiceye said...

Yes its the art of moving on!
The painting is beautiful and heart warming. Thank you.

DawnTreader said...

Never heard of Dr Sood. Personally I find photography and blogging (and reading those of others) rather helpful to "notice new things" ... Btw your January postcards have arrived, thanks! :)

Back2OurSmallCorner said...

Sweet portrait of Bounce. So cute x
Lovely memories of your time in Buyuk Ada. A happy time to remember.

MELODY JACOB said...

Dr. Amit Sood's ideas for increasing resilience are both simple and powerful. The analogy of trees growing towards the sun is a beautiful reminder to seek out positive influences in our lives and surround ourselves with people who uplift us. Greeting others with enthusiasm and energy can not only brighten their day but also foster deeper connections and a sense of positivity in our own lives.

New post alert

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

R's Rue said...

Thank you so much for sharing.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com