Thursday, December 17, 2009

Joy and Santa Claus Hat


Santa X Factor
Originally uploaded by sarniebill1

One fun thing I have found at this time of year is to wear my Santa hat when I am out and about.

It gives a spark of joy to folks all over town.

One man held out his arms and said "Santa, you are here!" I replied "I am Mrs. Santa, my husband is very busy."

Two young clerks in a bicycle shop, where I was on a secret gift buying mission, loved my Santa hat, and one of them offered to trade me hats. His was a plain watch cap, and I told him no way, mine is prettier. His co-worker said "See that spot on his hat, that is dog drool."

So no way in the world did I do a hat trade.

I realized that the silly Santa Claus hat I wore cheered people up, and that cheered me up just as well.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey that sounds like fun. Some folks need a lift. I don't even like to shop in crowded stores where people are pushing and shoving. Maybe I need to wear my Santa hat.
QMM

BumbleVee said...

I wear a huge red and green badge about 8 inches across that droops right out from my coat..and says..
"It's a jingle out there!" never fails to get a giggle or a chat started....

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Hi Terra! My book arrived yesterday! It is charming!!! Thank you so much! I've done a post about it and your other co-authored book as well. Come on over and visit when you have a moment! Blessings and hugs, Coralie

Jodi said...

A merry heart does good like medicine....eh Terra!

Terra said...

Hi All and thanks for your comments.
BumbleVee's badge that says "It's a jingle out there" is priceless, I love it, and you are spreading joy as you run errands.
I have a red sweatshirt with a cute reindeer & Christmas lights embroidered on its antlers on the sweatshirt and it says "Lighten up" which people also like.

Winchester Manor said...

I love this post! I must go out and buy myself a Santa ha pronto! Thank you sweet friend for spreading the Christmas cheer!

Love and hugs,
Karyn

Life Laugh Latte said...

I should try that today...mainly because I think there is no help for my hair. Holly

Karen said...

How fun that you were out and about spreading some Christmas cheer wearing your Santa hat! Thank you for dropping by. I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Karen

Chatty Crone said...

I can tell you the truth - wearing a Santa hat makes people happy - my grandson wore one all season and so many people commented and smiled. I think that is needed at Christmas time and all year long!

Sandie