Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Beautiful Scripture Quotes

 


I like the above art showing the lion and lamb in the clouds. Today I am sharing some Scripture quotes that guide me. Our God is a kind and loving God and these Scriptures show this.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." Matthew 11:28-30


 

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34-35

"We must obey God rather than men." Acts 5:29 God gave us the Bible, which is His book of instructions, to help us follow God. I love reading and studying the Bible, alone and in our Women's Bible Study group, and in our fellowship group at church with men and women.


 

"And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love." 1 Corinthians 13:13


 

When asked which commandment is the greatest Jesus replied "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:30-31



23 comments:

Lady Locust said...

Blessings~

Rian said...

Our world could use a lot more love and kindness right now...

Betsy said...

Thank you for sharing all of these beautiful verses about our loving Father. He does indeed love us more than any of us can imagine with our pitiful version of earthly love. May God bless you and keep you my friend.
Blessings and hugs,
Betsy

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Amen! I look forward to the day when the Lion and the Lamb shall dwell together in peace.
Wonderful scriptures and pictures. Thank you for sharing with us.

Salty Pumpkin Studio said...

Verses well chosen
Words the world needs to heed

DUTA said...

The picture of the lion and lamb is lovely, and tells us what we should look for and expect in life: togetherness and peace, love for God and for each other.

Ann said...

Love that first picture. Wonderful scriptures, thanks for sharing

Marie Smith said...

Have a wonderful week!

dori said...

O Terra - - wonderful! All these quotes you write here are blessings. I know them all by heart, because the Holy Bible is my guide and friend every day and all over the the day and night. This book is such a true friend. Just let the LOVER speak, and He will give you all the energy to go a blessing way.

Thank you for this post!

The lion and lamb in the clouds are so very beautiful and mystical! And the GOOD SHEPHERD-sculpture speaks directly into my heart. These days I made a sculpture of the shepherd with the lamb from iron-sheet and painted him with colours. When I see this shepherd you show here, I feel really touched in my heart and mind by this face and how he is carrying the lamb.

happyone said...

You've chosen some wonderful verses to share.

Granny Marigold said...

Beautuful verses. I like that depiction of the lion and the lamb in the clouds.

mamasmercantile said...

Beautiful verses.

Margaret D said...

Sure is beautiful art there in the sky..amazing

Amelia said...

I love all of this, the pictures are beautiful, I love clouds and the lion and the lamb...The picture of Jesus with the little lamb is one of my favorite images of Jesus, because I know I am His little Lamb. : )

It's so true, the reminder about loving our neighbors, so much in scripture that is a simple message and yet so many seem to ignore that. Yes, the Bible is our roadmap for life. Life. May we live that Life.

An encouraging and wonderful entry!

DawnTreader said...

As a C.S. Lewis / Narnia fan, of course I'm immediately drawn to the lion & lamb... :)

Christine said...

Beautiful post, that art piece made me do a double take, I thought it really was a cloud.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

www.muddlingthroughmymiddleage.com said...

What a lovely reminder!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Thanks for following my blog, Terra. I'm following you back!

Fundy Blue said...

Hi, Terra! Thanks for visiting my blog. It was lovely to read your post and to find comfort in some of my most favorite Bible verses. Have a lovely weekend!

Wanda said...

Thank You...my heart needed that today!

Red Rose Alley said...

Thank you so much, Terra, for sharing your special post this morning. I have been pulled in many directions lately and I'm exhausted. I really needed these special words today. : )

~Sheri

Liz Hinds said...

It's so strange, isn't it, when Christians use religion to condemn others when Jesus' message is so clearly of love?