Thursday, November 15, 2018

Hope In Shadows and Wavy Mirrors

You might have noticed that I like to take photos of appealing shadows. Here are some from shadows on my patio, from a hanging flower pot and a wind chime.
The word "hope" is what caught my attention and my heart. This wind chime was given to me several years ago by a friend.
Can you see me in my butterfly hat in the mirror reflection? These are two bouquets in my kitchen, one from one of my sons who brought them to my house and one from me, to lift my spirits on the second anniversary of my hubby's death, on November 12. Flowers always get a smile from me. Do they have that effect on you?
I treated myself to the orange roses, an upbeat and unusual choice for me, and my older son surprised me with the gorgeous mixed flower bouquet. There are lavender roses in it, so pretty, and a favorite flower for me, oriental lilies.
The above shows my kitchen table last week with a different bouquet, as I wanted you to see my wavy mirrors. I saw these mirrors in my friend, Barbro's, home and wanted some for my house.
For my friends in the USA can Thanksgiving be here soon? I ordered a smoked turkey to be picked up on Thanksgiving day from the local BBQ restaurant. We had that last year and it was delicious.

15 comments:

Dee said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad the flowers could cheer you up a bit. They certainly are beautiful.

Hugs from here in snowy Pennsylvania!

Susan Kane said...

Smoked turkey is the best. Happy eating.

Betsy said...

Very interesting photos. Your bouquets of flowers are just lovely and I liked seeing the little glimpse of you in the mirrors. Hugs and much love to you on this sad anniversary.
Many blessings my friend, Betsy

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Love the flower bouquets...and how thoughtful of your son to give them to you. I love the orange roses too. (((hugs))) to you at this time of remembrance. On a brighter note...the wavy mirrors are very unique and interesting! Kind of a fun spot! The smoked turkey sounds wonderful. I will be cooking the traditional turkey here for a large crowd next week. I almost wish I could order it already done, but then I wouldn't be able to enjoy the smells of it roasting...but then again...I'd have room in the oven to bake things that smell good too...oh well, maybe another year! Have a blessed Thanksgiving.

Pom Pom said...

Hi Terra! How kind your loved ones are to bring you flowers. Smoked turkey sounds yummy.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I enlarged the photo and saw you in the mirror. A lovely flower among the flowers. You have raised kind, thoughtful men.

I love the HOPE shadow. That word is my mantra.

Enjoy your smoked turkey.

kath001 said...

I love shadows too, and the 'hope' found there is wonderful! Sending hugs this month.

Blondie's Journal said...

These are awesome pictures, Terra. I don't think I could have caught the shadows as well as you.

I'm thinking of you as you continue to navigate, and quite well, through life without your love. The flowers are beautiful!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Jane x

Henny Penny said...

I didn't see you in the mirror until you mentioned it. Your shadow pictures are pretty. It has been a long time since anyone has given me flowers. Maybe I should treat myself. :)

Mari said...

I love your shadow shots.
I also love that you sent flowers to yourself, and that your son was thoughtful enough to send them to you.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How beautiful to see HOPE spelled out! Take care of yourself my friend. And I'm going to mention the turkey to my hubby. Our favorite BBQ place probably does the same thing!

Kathy said...

Lovely flowers. So sorry for the loss of your husband but glad the flowers helped some. I have never had a smoked turkey. I wonder where I could get it around here. I loved the picture of the windchime shadow with the word "hope" in it. That was meant for you to see.

Literary Feline said...

Such beautiful flowers! I like shadow photos too. Your capture of hope is a really good one!

Barb said...

Hi Terra~

Your shadows are beautiful! I love to play with light and shadows as well, they sure make gorgeous photos! The mirrors are so pretty, and they just reflect enough of you that you don't feel overwhelmed...so pretty!

It's always nice to have flowers, especially when feeling the loss of a loved one. My husband's brother and his wife just brought us flowers the other day. Even though my mom passed away almost a month ago, they sure did make me feel better.

I love smoked turkey. I ordered a smoked turkey breast from out butcher last week. It's already cooked, so all I have to do is heat and slice...perfect in a busy kitchen!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Hugs and Love,
Barb

Laurie said...

You are so blessed to have such thoughtful sons Terra, beautiful flowers and love your shadow photos.