Sunday, November 16, 2008

Brilliant Chronological Study Bible

I have found a book that so excellent that I want to shout about it: "The Chronological Study Bible", the New Kings James Version, by Thomas Nelson Publishers. The concept of publishing all the books of the Bible in the order that the events occurred is deeply meaningful to all of us who read the Bible.

In addition to this useful order, there is another bonus with this book: the beauty of the book itself. There is so much color in it, with maps, photos, charts, and insets with pertinent facts that it is a treasure for me.

In the back is a Scripture index, so I could quickly find out what page my favorite Scripture is on (Psalm 91).

This book combines all the best in a book: physical beauty and knowledge.
When I open it up, I am cajoled to start reading, learning, thinking and praying.

I reviewed about 50 books this year, and this is the most outstanding one.
Thank you Thomas Nelson Publishing for this treasure, which is already a blessing for me, and will be for thousands more readers.

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Hi Terra,

I appreciate your review. One question: Does this Bible have a one year reading plan?
I have been reading the NIV Daily Chronological Bible for several years, and this Bible looks like it would be a refreshing change...but I really like/need the discipline of having a daily portion to read.

Elizabeth

TAILS of TANKENE said...

Hi Terra, This sure sounds like a great read! Sparkles

Joy said...

I was just in Lifeway today 11/21 and this Bible is on sale for $29.99.
I was tempted to buy it for myself.I would love a chronological Study Bible.

Terra said...

Hi Joy in the Burbs,
I understand how you would be tempted to buy it, especially at that sale price.
Think of all of the years of use you could receive while reading it.
Christmas is almost here and maybe that could be a Christmas gift for you!

Joy said...

I was thinking the same thing. My Mother has been asking me what I want for Christmas. I called her today and told her I would like this Bible. So I'm excited to start the new year off with this Bible to go along with my Bible Study.
Happy Thanksgiving!
Joy

TYRA Hallsénius Lindhe said...

Hi Terra and thank you for your comment in 'the greenhouse...'

Happy Thanksgiving

ps You told me that you once lived in Wisconsin. I have been there once some 10 years ago and what I remember most is that I went tubing! I was floating around for hour down a stream :-) it was fun and beautiful except for a big snake!

I wonder if I can tempt you with an apple

Tyra