Friday, August 1, 2008

Blackberry, Plum, Apricot Cobbler


Plum cobbler
Originally uploaded by jessicafm
Blogging can have delightful results and here is the proof. My husband read my blog post on apricot cobbler, and that day, when I got home at 5 p.m, there was a warm blackberry/apricot/plum cobbler, made by him.


We very rarely bake, but he got inspired and it is delicious. He created his own recipe which uses Bisquick, less sugar, and milk on the bottom of the pan.
The blackberries are from our berry patch, and give it a tangy blackberry flavor burst. What a delicious surprise for me. Oh the power of the pen, or in this case, the keyboard.


My August column at www.positivelyfeminine.org is "Apricots in Your Garden and Apricot Cobbler", so if you want to grow apricots please head over there or read my previous post for tips on how to grow them and which trees are best for your needs.

Did any of you bake a cobbler after reading my post?
Let me know, and share your recipe, please.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Terra,

just dropped by to say hi after reading your comment on my blog The Forlanis.

I hope you enjoyed your trip down memory lane while reading the stories about Istanbul's nicest spots on Istanbul Trails.

Wish you the best of luck with your blog, cooking and gardening tips.

Cheers,
Max

TAILS of TANKENE said...

Loved looking at the cobbler! What a yummy surprise to enjoy together!