Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Sensitive plants


sensitive plant
Originally uploaded by wockerjabby
On March 17 on the Coast to Coast radio show, I heard Dr. Gerald Epling, a scientist, talk about his fascinating work with plants. He says that his experiments show that a plant can respond to something happening to another plant.

Also, a plant can respond to a human approaching the plant.
One caller said that a tree branch tapped her on the shoulder ; it is an interesting topic. I stayed up too late listening to this and didn't get all the details.

Dr. Epling calls his field biocommunication.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know what's really funny?

I had the feeling that my white pine tree kept purposely smacking me in the face this past weekend every time I past near it. I figured it was just retribution for a pruning it recently got. -Jen :)