Friday, October 26, 2018

My lion fountain and some eerie lights







My son Lane came over and picked up the four heavy cement pieces for my lion fountain, set up the pump I bought, and voila, there is water coming out of the mouths of four lions.
We bought this fountain 15 or 20 years ago and had it running for years.
We stopped using it about five years ago and our handsome lion fountain has been resting scattered about the garden in the component pieces, and I am happy to have it running again. I love the gentle splashing sound of the water which is very relaxing.
Lane went to the pet store to buy a clear plastic hose for the pump and also surprised me and brought over 6 tiny goldfish who are living in the fountain now. As protection for the wee fishies I set up a dinner plate leaning on the central post, so they can shelter under it. He set up a timer so it goes on and off automatically at the times I chose, so it runs from noon until four. Since we are having a sunny October thus far, I keep my kitchen door open and can hear the water while I am in there, besides when I am on the patio.
For something that can be seen as pretty or as spooky take a look at these lights and shadows in my living room. The light source is the clear stained glass window at the top of my front door.

25 comments:

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Love your Lion fountain. So glad you are able to have it up and running again. I love the sound of a fountain. We have one that we bought as a memorial to our son. I love to go sit in the garden and listen to it. Very peaceful and relaxing. Your spooky lights are neat. I hope the goldfish like their new home. Will they get big?

Pom Pom said...

Fun photos, Terra! I'm so glad your lion fountain is back up and running!

Mari said...

I like your fountain and especially like that you have goldfish in it! The lights from the window are cool!

Carole said...

the sound of running water has unfortunate effects for me.... I'll leave it to your imagination! Cheers from Carole's Chatter

Joyful said...

The fountain looks wonderful. I like the lights too.

Betsy said...

I’m glad you have your fountain back. We have one that runs during the summer and ai love listening to it. How fun to have some little fish too.
Blessings,
Betsy

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Wow, I love your lion fountain. One day I'd like to get a small fountain. The sound of water is so refreshing and relaxing.

Enjoy dear Terra and Happy Fall ~ FlowerLady

acorn hollow said...

wonderful fountain but if it lived here it would freeze right now.
Cathy

donna baker said...

Terra, that is a beautiful fountain. Little things can make such a difference.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Terra - so pleased to see the lion fountain is playing again ... you'll enjoy that. While I love the play of the lights ... gorgeous shadows ... cheers Hilary

Debby@Just Breathe said...

It's a lovely fountain. So glad it is up and running again and that you have goldfish in it. Love the lights and shadows too!

only slightly confused said...

It's lovely. A water feature in a garden is such a nice focal point

Lilly's Mom said...

What a beautiful fountain . The little fish sound delightful. Pat

Lark said...

Love the lion on your fountain!

kath001 said...

I love when the sunshine finds its way indoors to play on my walls! The fountain must be fun to have back in commission. So sweet of son to think to add goldfish. :)

Laurie said...

I love that fountain, would love that for myself!

Rita said...

Lovely that you got your fountain going again. I love water sounds, too. Been years since I've had a fountain around, though. Would have to be indoors and cats tend to make a splattery mess of them--LOL! :)

Susan Kane said...

Such a peaceful place. It is inspiring to do something like that in our small patio/garden.

Simply Shelley said...

A beautiful fountain, and I bet the little fish made it extra special. I think the light reflecting on your wall is beautiful..... Blessings

Annie said...

Beautiful fountain!! I always like to see lights sparkling on walls.

Red Rose Alley said...

I like your lion fountain, Terra. Lions have always fascinated me and my favorite animal of the jungle. Fountains are so calming. It must feel peaceful when you're sitting out there and just listening.

Happy November days to you.

love, ~Sheri

Linda said...

Hi Terra...
Thanks for your lovely comment...
Love the sound of a water fountain! Bravo to your son...
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Beth Niquette said...

What a lovely fountain. How beautiful. Thank you for your heart felt comment. ((HUGS)) Praying for you, too. Unless a person has lost a beloved spouse--they have NO idea what it is like. ((HUGS)) <3

Lady Jane said...

I love fountains and the goldfish are such an asset. Enjoy. I think the reflection is pretty. Hugs, lj

Debbie said...

how wonderful that you son got your fountain working again!! they say every garden should have at least 1 water element and i agree!! the sound is so comforting!!!