Thursday, September 4, 2008

Peter Rabbit Birthday Sept. 4


DSC01622.JPG
Originally uploaded by yokoyama
Let's celebrate the anniversary of Peter Rabbit's birthday September 4.
I read yesterday in John Kremer's newsletter (John Kremer@bookmarket.com) that Sept. 4 is Peter's birthday. I wonder if that is the publication date of the first book starring him?
Or the day Beatrix Potter completed her manuscript? Or?
A good way to celebrate is to rent the movie Miss Potter; my husband and I highly recommend it.
Gorgeous English country hills and farms and interiors, a strong lady ahead of her times, even a love story and a conservation ethos tucked in there.
Happy Day Peter.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sept. 4 is my husband's birthday too. His ears are much shorter and he's not nearly as furry though.

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

Probably the day he was published. Thank goodness for all writers, but especially Beatrix Potter, who has made so many children happy.~~Dee