Friday, June 23, 2017

Best song I've Heard, Holy Mother Hear My Cry sung by Pavarotti


This is the best song sung in concert I have heard.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5_OHAkzfT_U
The lyrics mean a lot to me and I love the powerful way Luciano Pavarotti stands very still and sings so movingly. He does not need any gestures as his voice is so expressive. All he holds is a large white handkerchief. Many of us know the story of why Eric wrote this song and I think it is meaningful to all who have felt deep sorrow. I think that is all of us. 
Holy Mother Hear My Cry by Eric Clapton, sung in concert with Luciano Pavarotti.

Holy Mother, where are you?
Tonight I feel broken in two.
I've seen the stars fall from the sky.
Holy mother, can't keep from crying.
Oh I need your help this time,
Get me through this lonely night.
Tell me please which way to turn
To find myself again.
Holy mother, hear my prayer,
Somehow I know you're still there.
Send me please some peace of mind;
Take away this pain.
I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait any longer.
I can't wait, I can't wait, I can't wait for you.
Holy mother, hear my cry,
I've cursed your name a thousand times.
I've felt the anger running through my soul;
All I need is a hand to hold.
Oh I feel the end has come,
No longer my legs will run.
You know I would rather be
In your arms tonight.
When my hands no longer play,
My voice is still, I fade away.
Holy mother, then I'll be
Lying in, safe within your arms.

10 comments:

Sr. Ann Marie said...

Thank you for sharing this! I'm not familiar with the song but it is indeed beautiful and heart-touching.

crafty cat corner said...

Thankyou, thankyou so much for this post, I have just listened and watched this with tears in my eyes. I have not come across this before, just beautiful.
Briony
x

justjill said...

Just love Pavarotti.

Sandi said...

His voice is amazing!

Blondie's Journal said...

The words to this song have my hear aching. I have to wait until tomorrow to listen--hubby is asleep! I love both Pavarotti and Clapton. This will be a treat.. Thank you, Terra.

Jane x

Terra said...

Hi Blondie, always good to hear from you. I hope you will love the performance when you hear it; I have a headset and plug it in to my computer so can listen at any time :)

Lowcarb team member said...

Thanks for posting this ...
Amazing.

All the best Jan

Carole said...

Terra, I would love to see your Top 20 - feel free to use the image - but you might find one you like better if you do a Google Images search. Cheers

My Grama's Soul said...

AMAZING!!! nuf' said.

Jo

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow! Clapton has a beautiful voice, but what a difference when Pavarotti starts singing. The depth and tone are wonderful with the beautiful song. A new song for me. Thanks!