Friday, April 7, 2017

Book Beginnings: Off the Grid by C.J. Box


C.J. Box is a great writer with a series about the dangers Joe Pickett faces, as he works as a game warden in the Bighorn Mountains of Wyoming. Joe patrols on his own, sometimes by pickup truck and sometimes on horse back.
This series begins with "Open Season" which is the ideal place to begin reading the series. "Off the Grid" was  published in 2016. My favorite series character is Nate Romanowski, a guy I have a bit of a crush on. He is an expert marksman, will kill people to defend the Pickett family, trains falcons, and at one point was given to climbing naked in trees in remote areas. Oh, he sounds handsome too.
Here is the beginning of "Off the Grid".
"Nate Romanowski knew trouble was on the way when he saw the falcon's wings suddenly flare in the distance. Something beyond his eyesight was coming fast."
I am joining in Rose City Reader's Book Beginnings, which is easy to do if you want to join in.
The second group is Friday 56 at Freda's Voice. Here we share something from page 56.
"It had been a long day that started with Joe saddling Rojo in the dark by the headlights of his truck."
He doesn't know it but his daughter Sheridan is in danger.

9 comments:

Mary@mydogsmygardenandmary said...

I have read all his books and always waiting for a new one. I love the stories about him and his family. C.J. Box is a great writer. So glad that you like him also.

Have a great weekend.

Mary

kath001 said...

Just put Open Season on hold at library e-book site. Thanks!

Sam I Am...... said...

I think I've seen his books but never read any. I'm going to try that series as I love mountains, the west, cowboys and horses! Thank you!

Lady Jane said...

Hi Terra, this sounds good I will have to start the series. Right now I am on book 4 of Outlander and want to get this series finished. I am a bit in love with Jamie the main character in these highlander adventures. Don't tell hubby, k!!! lol... Hugs, LJ

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've wondered about the books by this author. I'll have to dive in and read one soon! Enjoy your weekend sweet friend. Hugs, Diane

Blondie's Journal said...

A crush, eh? Sounds like a good series. I've really been loving mysteries and suspense lately. I go through fazes.

Thanks for your reviews. I'm going to check these books out on Amazon.

Have a great week, Terra. :)

Jane x

Tamago said...

Love the line with "falcon's wings suddenly flare." Sounds like great series and Nate sounds like a cool character!

Stella Jones said...

How interesting Terra. I've never heard of your chosen author for today, but I am always open to new ideas.

liparifam said...

I've read all of his books! Glad to meet another fan :)