Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Muscari to plant in my garden


Muscari armeniacum 'Blue Pearl' - Grape Hyacinth
Originally uploaded by The County Clerk

Do you love "plant therapy" where you wander the rows of plants in a garden store and buy a few plants?
Today I bought a pack of 10 Muscari "Dark Eyes" , ideal for fall planting and which will bloom in spring. I have a big pot to plant them in.
For bulbs pots work best for me: it foils the gophers, if the ground gets soggy the bulbs don't rot since the pot soil drains well, and when they are done blooming I move them to the side garden.
I believe gardeners are hopeful people. We plant a seed, or a bulb, or a sapling in hopes it will grow strong and healthy.
That hope is part of me as a gardener and as a Christian.
What bulbs are you planting for spring?
Oh, and today I mailed the two books to the readers who posted comments this week, and who were selected to receive the books.

9 comments:

TAILS of TANKENE said...

Sunshine great idea about the Muscari. I have Hyacinths and Tulips. To therenewed spirit of Fall Gardening----Sparkles

Anonymous said...

Plant therapy--yes! Yours is the second piece that I've read today to encourage me in this direction. God willing, I will get the opportunity. :) That is my hope!

Terra said...

Sparkles, now I am intrigued to try tulips.
And CurtissAnn, yes, try plant therapy. Even a pot of basil or your favorite flowers in a pot is an excellent start.
I love the word "Godincidence" to describe two things today you read about plant therapy :)

koralee said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment! I love those Muscari bulbs...one of my favorite spring flowers..I must of planted a million of them a year ago...my spring garden was full of them! Which makes me so happy!

Anonymous said...

Hello Terra,

At first look I thought they were fruits LOL Yes grapes, and kinda like blueberries too! I don't think I've seen one this kind though.

PLant therapy. I do think I believe in that. UUmmmm I'm not really good at planting anything but the feeling of being surrounded by flowers blooming, or the first signs of fruits - the sight of them I love very much.

Mizpah,
Li

(oh about the steaming and not baking: it's because my cake once resulted to a burnt one LOL at least in steaming, no burnt cakes. But I'm still gonna try next time :-) )

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh, Hon... I garden, clean, teach and direct SS and Kids Church, love to cook, paint, write......see, I'm just a little spastically obsessive about many things. Yep, this Ozarks farm chick loves to keep all the balls in the air!!!

Thanks so much for droppin' by my blog and leaving your sweet comment. As Granny Clampett would say," Ya'll come back now, ya hear!!!

Have a wonderfully blessed weekend!!!

Gina said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment:)

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad that you stopped by..I am going to look at your book...and yes we are Brett Farve fans.....as in rabid....So that makes us Minn.Vikings now....I think that was a Jets hat in the picture....
Stop by anytime.....
Teresa

Paula V said...

Thanks for your visit and comment on my blog. I appreciate it.

I love this blue hyacinth. I love how hyacinth smell...the best along with jasmine.