Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Making a Pine Cone Wreath


Wreath
Originally uploaded by MoToMo
On this last day of 2008, I am planning a craft project, to make a pine cone wreath for next Christmas.

If you think you might like to do this, hurry, or saunter, over to a Goodwill Store and buy a used wreath. Right now at my local store Christmas items are 60 percent off.
I found a plain green wreath at Goodwill for a total of $1.20; can you tell I love a bargain?

The other main ingredient is pine cones and I have gathered them for free; visiting city parks and schools where pine cones are laying on the grass or dirt, and even in parking lots.
I found two types of pine cones from different pine trees so I have assorted sizes. Right now the pine cones are drying in a cool dry room, and when inspiration strikes, I will make the wreath and tell you how I did it.



Oh, and Happy 2009 to One and All.

No comments: