Monday, August 31, 2026

Lilies and Gnome

My sister sent me some money for my April birthday and I treated myself to two garden things.

Above is the photo of the 3 Electric Blue Spider Lily bulbs I bought with birthday money from my sister. I planted them in a very large pot and we will wait and see the results. As of 30 days after planting, the results are disappointing. Just one lily leaf 4 inches tall. I wait in hope.


 My friend and I like gnomes. I bought her this gnome taking a nap for her birthday and I liked it so much cause it makes me smile that I bought myself one too. I spent the birthday money from my sis on the blue lily bulbs and the gnome. 

Here are 4 mixed pink tiger lily bulbs I planted a month ago in a large pot. They all bloomed and are the red color. 


I have so much fun and do quite a bit of work in the garden.  These days at my age I do mainly watering and planting. Zinnias are a favorite seed to plant as they grow readily. If you read my blog a lot you know my favorite is Purple Prince Zinnia. Gardening is good for the soul. You fellow gardeners know what I mean.

 

 

10 comments:

Mari said...

Those were great things to spend your birthday money on. I hope the blue lily grows because it really is beautiful.

Pamela said...

I agree about gardening being good for the soul!

Ann said...

What a cute gnome and that blue lily is gorgeous. I hope yours grows more.

Kathy G said...

How disappointing that your special spider lily bulbs aren't performing.

Martha Jane Orlando said...

I used to love gardening when I lived where one would thrive. We don't get enough sunshine at our home to grow flowers. Have a great day!

Miss Merry said...

The blue lily is fabulous! I do hope you get some better results. Maybe the bulbs are just acclimating to the new environment. Your gnome makes me smile too.

Christine said...

Enjoy your gardening

Pamela M. Steiner said...

I hope your special lily will surprise you some day with a blossom! I love the cute gnome you bought too! It's fun to have some whimsy in the garden!! I have some sadly neglected tiny little gnomes in my garden. I need to go look at them and probably straighten them up and wash off some dirt. It's been a while. It's been too hot here to go out and look!

Michelle said...

Yes, gardening is good for the soul. I like your gnome!

angela said...

I love gnome’s too.
I’ve been planting bulbs and I’m excited to see them come up and bloom.