Monday, August 13, 2018

Cat napping, bureau I painted and star gazer lily, all on patio

Here is my cat Fluffy napping on my patio near a large zucchini from my garden, a star gazer lily growing in a pot, and the bureau I painted. Just things from my days on the patio.
The above photo shows the old bureau which looks fine as knotty pine but heirloom white fits with the bed frame and nightstand so I did a painting project and changed the color to white.

Note in the second photo above the can of Rustoleum Heirloom White satin spray paint for the top coat (I used two cans) and the Zinsser 123 Bulls Eye water based Primer (I used half a quart, with brush and roller and several coats). Both of these dried quickly and the spray paint gave a nice smooth coat. Before I began I used tack cloth which I had not used before and it seems a great thing to use before painting as it picks up tiny things which would mar the paint.
Above is the completed bureau which was knotty pine before.
I have had these lilies several years growing in a pot on my patio, I think they are star gazer lilies.
Flowers always get me to smile, what about you? I hope you like these lilies.
P.S. For you who noticed my previous post about my root canal, the follow up visit was gentle and no pain afterward. With the first root canal appointment when the roots/nerves were removed I was in pain afterward and stayed home for three days. The pain pills were to take every eight hours and they only worked for three hours, ouch. I also could take one or two Tylenol, and in addition took antibiotics for 7 days to prevent infection. The good news is I feel great now! 



22 comments:

Lark said...

Those lilies are gorgeous!

Betsy said...

You did a beautiful job on the bureau. I really like the color you chose to paint it. Those lilies are gorgeous!
Blessings, Betsy

justjill said...

Love the Lilies. And the makeover. I have similar drawers just need to work out the British alternative to how you have done them!

acorn hollow said...

very nice! I like the lily so wonderful
Cathy

Lin said...

Oh my! The dresser looks amazing!!

Mari said...

I love stargazer lilies! The dresser looks so nice! Good job!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

You did a great update on that bureau. I have wanted to do that on a few items in my house, but never get around to it. You have given me inspiration.

Your Star Gazer is lovely.

Joyful said...

You did a great job on painting the bureau. It looks new. I love the stargazer lilies. My favourite type of lily.

kath001 said...

What makes me smile EVERY time I hear (or read it) is 'knotty pine.' I always think 'naughty' pine. Goofy, I know, but it gives me a giggle.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What huge blooms on your lilies! They are gorgeous! I love the color you chose too. Enjoy your day my friend. And thanks for the sweet comment on my post about my volunteer work! You've always inspired me with all that you do. Hugs!

DawnTreader said...

Good job with the bureau!

Anonymous said...

A coat of paint really makes most things better, I like how clean it looks.
And great lilies!

Tarissa said...

Those lilies are simply STUNNING! And I'm impressed with that zucchini too (I'd like to have some of THOSE in my garden!).

Retired Knitter said...

Great job on the bureau! White furniture for a bedroom - nice.

Blondie's Journal said...

OMGosh...Terra, I don't know how I fell to the wayside. Thanks so much for your comment today. I have to see what happened

The dresser is beautiful...I give you so much applause for painting, it drives me crazy. I no try!!! lol! And your Asiatic lilies are simply gorgeous!

I'll try to remedy this issue, I hope that my slowness in blogging wasn't the problem.

Jane x

Ann said...

Terra, thanks for your visit and comment on my Mama's surgery. She did have partial hip replacement and the doctor warned us that at her age the rate of recovery is 30%. She is doing remarkable. I love painted furniture and the white is so pretty. You can really tell how large that cucumber is next to your kitty,.
Ann

Red Rose Alley said...

Your dresser looks great. You did a great job on it, Terra. Isn't it something how just a coat of paint can make such a difference? Your lilies are so pretty, and what a stunning color.

Enjoy the rest of the summer days. I hope and pray they get these fires under control in California.

~Sheri

Jeanie said...

It loos terrific. Nice work. And what a sweet sleeping kitty!

Lady Jane said...

Fresh zucchini, yum... Love the makeover. I have redone the kitchen cabs in every house we lived except this one and tac cloths a the next best thing since sliced bread. You did a wonderful job. Makes me want to redo something... Love your lily aren't they such a special plant. Hugs, lj

Pamela M. Steiner said...

Love your cat napping "Fluffy"...by sister used to have a cat named "Fluffy"... Love fresh zucchini...and you did a great job on the dresser! That looks bright and pretty and fresh...just like you wanted. The lily is gorgeous! Wow!! Thank you for sharing your projects and critters with us. It was fun to see. I love to refinish furniture...it's hard work but always such a joy to see it bright and new and back in use! Have a wonderful day.

Dianna said...

You did a wonderful job on the bureau, Terra! It looks lovely as white!

The Stargazer Lilies are GORGEOUS!

Glad that your follow-up from the root canal went well.

sandy said...

Stargazers have always been my favorite color ever since I didn't know about the orange in the middle and put my nose in to smell them and came away with an orange nose. Learned my lesson. But the fragrance...wow.
The chest of drawers looks great.